Do you ever use affirmations? An affirmation is a POSITIVE message you tell yourself to replace a negative concept you have about yourself. The whole concept of positive affirmations may really rub some of you the wrong way. You may be thinking, I just think something positive and then I believe it? Nope.
But you know WHAT!? Your thoughts are SO wildly strong, that YES, if you continue to practice a specific positive affirmation, you WILL start to believe in its message and feel better about YOU.
For an affirmation to work, consider the following:
- Repeat your affirmation on a consistent, regular basis
- If possible, repeat the affirmation into a mirror so you can see yourself saying it
- Create affirmations that are focused on YOU and your specific needs
- Recite your affirmations in the present tense
- Write down your affirmation from time to time, or look at your affirmation in written form as well as repeating it to yourself
- IF you are comfortable with this…ask another individual to repeat your affirmation to YOU. When you hear someone else express a sentiment, it can be very effective.
Soooo when should you use these bad boys!? Use affirmations when you need a pep talk. Try using affirmations in the following places of your life:Continue reading “17 Quick Affirmations That Will INSTANTLY Help You Feel Better About YOU”